PSYC 3305 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Calorie Restriction, Junk Food, Hypercholesterolemia

34 views10 pages
5 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 4: health: health, illness, and disease, children"s health a. i. 11 million preschool children in the us are malnourished a. ii. 1. a. One approach to improving children"s health is to alter risk factors in the family (like cold and hunger: adolescents" health b. i. Parental care and monitoring leads to less risk taking in teens b. iii. Peer pressure can lead to health-compromising behaviors: emerging and young adults" health c. i. Emerging adults have 2x the mortality rates as adolescents c. ii. Unhealthy behavior tends to increase throughout college: health and aging d. i. Only 17% of aging us adults (65-74) have a disability d. ii. Chronic disorders: disorders characterized by slow onset and long duration d. ii. 1. Most common for women are arthritis, hypertension, and sinus problems d. ii. 3. Most common for men are hypertension, arthritis, hearing impairment, and heart disease d. ii. 4. Men have a higher rate of fatal chronic conditions d. ii. 5. Women are more likely to have vision problems; men are more likely to have hearing problems d. ii. 6.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers