ADJUS-121 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Sui Generis, Collective Effervescence, Mechanical And Organic Solidarity

11 views2 pages

Document Summary

The totality of beliefs and sentiments common to average citizens of the same society forms a determinate system which has its own life; one may call it the collective or common conscience. (p. 79) A solidarity sui generis, which, born of resemblances, directly links the individual with society (p. 106) This solidarity does not consist only in a general and indeterminate attachment of the individual to the group, but also makes the detail of his movements harmonious. I. e. social solidarity in the ways in which communities come together for a. I. e. raptors win for toronto brought forth a collective effervescence. I. e. metal and cohesion can be symbolic of mechanical solidarity and how it can unite people. We are mechanical in the sense that we are connected and work together. Punishment: an act is criminal when it offends strong and defined states of the collective conscience (p. 80)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers