FCFC 275 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Behaviorism, Social Cognitive Theory, B. F. Skinner

55 views2 pages

Document Summary

Theory and research in development part i: why theories of development are important, developmental theory allow us to _____________ knowledge and observations, and. Example: parents who subscribe to different theories may treat a crying baby differently a. i. 1. ____________ would predict that picking the baby up will reward its cries, causing the baby to cry more in the future. a. i. 2. Example: word association [finish the active learning activity about free association on p. 29, and report your last word here ___________]: psychoanalytic theory freud"s theory of personality, made up of three parts a. i. Develops around _________________: the 5 stages of psychosexual development, oral stage 0-18 months a. i. Pleasure focus is the mouth: anal stage 18 months-3 years b. i. Pleasure focus is the anus, specifically, control of bowel and bladder elimination: phallic stage 3-6 years c. i. Pleasure focus is the genitals: latent stage 6 years ____________ Sexual feelings are dormant, inactive: ______________ puberty on e. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers