FCFC 250 Chapter 3: Building Relationships

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Unmarried adults who may be delaying marriage while pursuing education or establishing a career: voluntary stable singles: Unmarried adults desiring a single (unmarried) lifestyle. Singles actively searching for a mate but unable to find a suitable one. Unmarried adults who can expect to be single for life even though they may not want to be. Being friends: sex differences: researchers looking at same-sex friendships have compared the quality and quantity of (cid:373)e(cid:374)"s a(cid:374)d (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374)"s attach(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts, me(cid:374)"s frie(cid:374)dships appear less perso(cid:374)al or i(cid:374)ti(cid:373)ate tha(cid:374) (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374)"s, women expect greater closeness, commitment, and intimacy. Friendship appears to differ across social classes: members of the working class tend to have friendships that last longer than middle-class friendships that last longer than middle-class friend-ships. Cross-sex friendship: a friendship between a man and a woman that is strictly platonic. A dating practice of the 18th and 19th centuries in which a young man (cid:449)ould (cid:448)isit a you(cid:374)g (cid:449)o(cid:373)a(cid:374) i(cid:374) her pare(cid:374)t"s ho(cid:373)e.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers