PSYC 2230 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Introjection, Intentionality, Social Cognitive Theory

52 views3 pages

Document Summary

I(cid:373)plies a (cid:862)(cid:373)e first(cid:863) ps(cid:455)cholog(cid:455: does(cid:374)"t e(cid:373)phasize i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)ce of goals, empirically weak. Immediate physiological needs: self-protection, affiliation, status/esteem, mate acquisition, mare retention, parenting, 3 analyses, evolutionary significance, developmental trajectory, specific environmental stimuli that trigger each need in a given moment. Competence capacit(cid:455) to i(cid:374)teract effecti(cid:448)el(cid:455) (cid:449)ith o(cid:374)e"s e(cid:374)(cid:448)iro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t: effectance motivation a striving for competence, master the environment, seen mostly in children, goal: feeling of efficacy. Banduras social cognitive theory of human agency: reciprocal causation complex interplay between behaviour, environment and personal factors, core features of human agency. Intentionality: forethought, self-reactiveness, self-reflectiveness, 3 modes of human agency, personal agency, proxy agency, whe(cid:374) (cid:449)e rel(cid:455) o(cid:374) a(cid:374)other perso(cid:374)"s e(cid:454)pertise, collective agency, ability of a group to accomplish more than the individuals alone. Self-determination theory: psychological and innate, 3 basic needs, motivations, competence need to have control over environment, relatedness need to belong, autonomy need to freely integrate our experiences with our sense of self.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers