PSYC 1010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Synaptic Pruning, Dishabituation, Metamemory

17 views13 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Chapter 11: human development across the life span. This reflects their level of engagement which effects level of attachment. (mary ainsworth)-> they are also amazed of changes as their children grow. Ex: emily carr asked young child to describe creative art. I think, and then i draw a line round my think. children grasp things differently more quickly and adequately than adults. Development: is the sequence of age-related changes that occur as a person progresses from conception to death. (cumulative process that includes both biological and behaviour changes) Four periods: prenatal period (between conception and birth-9 months, childhood, adolescence, adulthood. Conception occurs when fertilization= zygote: a one celled organism formed by the union of a sperm and an egg. Chromosomes passed on by parents found in nucleus, containing genes. Prenatal development -remarkably rapid: germinal stage: first phase, first 2 weeks after conception.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers