ACTG 2010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Cash Flow, International Financial Reporting Standards, Accrual

114 views2 pages
30 Jan 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Actg 2010 chapter 2 notes: identify the accounting standards used by canadian companies. Canadian public companies (those whose share trade on a public stock exchange) are required to prepare their financial statements using international financial reporting standards (ifrs) Private companies in canada generally follow accounting standards for private enterprises (aspe), but have the option to follow ifrs: identify and explain the qualitative characteristics of useful financial information and how the cost constraint affects theses. Standard setters developed conceptual frameworks (one for ifrs and another for aspe) to assist the(cid:373) i(cid:374) dete(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:449)hat (cid:862)useful i(cid:374)fo(cid:396)(cid:373)atio(cid:374)(cid:863) is. Useful information has two fundamental qualitative characteristics (essential if info is to be considered useful). It must be representationally faithful (it must represent transactions and balances as they took place or are present: to be representationally faithful, the info must be complete neutral and free from error.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers