Law 2101 Chapter 8: International Law

34 views12 pages

Document Summary

International law includes treaties and customary international law. Between states (or between a state and an international organization i. e. un) Formed with an intent to be bound. Bilateral treaties: those between canada and one other country. Multilateral treaties: those between three or more countries, generally developed under the auspices of international organizations (i. e. un) Plurilateral treaties: generally entered between one state and a group of states. I. e. canada entered into a treaty with the european union (comprehensive trade. United nations charter (1945) - one of the most foundational treaty in international law. 2 steps before a state becomes bound by a treaty: signature to express political support, ratification to express agreement to be legally bound by terms of the treaty. Civil law countries have a monist approach to incorporate international law into their. Common law countries tend to adopt a dualist approach to incorporate international law domestic law into domestic law (i. e. countries that follow uk law system canada)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers