PSYCH211 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Thoughtless, Child Care, Intensify

36 views20 pages

Document Summary

Displaying emotions: the development (and control) of emotional expressions. Discrimination of positive emotions from facial expressions is easy, but discrimination of negative emotion based solely on facial expressions is difficult. Each expression becomes a more (cid:396)e(cid:272)og(cid:374)iza(cid:271)le sig(cid:374) of a spe(cid:272)i c emotion with age. Infants" and children"s emotional displays promote social contact with caregivers. The i(cid:374)fa(cid:374)t"s (cid:272)apa(cid:271)ilit(cid:455) for self-conscious or self-evaluative is thought to be necessary for the development of all complex emotions. 2-3 years (after achieve self-recognition and self- evaluation) complex interest, distress, disgust, and contentment. Anger& sadness(when they cannot exert control), surprise & joy(when they have discovered sth) , and fear. Embarrassment, envy, pride, guilt, and shame (damage to or enhancement of sense of self) Elementary school: social-cognitive abilities increases, enable to experience more complex emotions, in more routine environments, and in the absence of external evaluation. Evaluative embarrassment is more stressful than simple embarrassment. The later-de(cid:448)elopi(cid:374)g e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)s ha(cid:448)e se(cid:448)e(cid:396)al i(cid:373)pli(cid:272)atio(cid:374)s fo(cid:396) the (cid:272)hild"s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iou(cid:396).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers