PSYC 3070 Chapter Notes - Chapter pg. 1-18: Career Management, National Research Council (Canada), Army Beta

19 views5 pages

Document Summary

Majority work in service industries, only 23% in the goods- producing sector of the economy. Within psychology i/o psychologists share interests with. Outside psych, i/o psychologists overlaps with business topics. Occupational health psychology field of research and practice. The view that i/o psychology focuses on both scientific research and applied professional practice. Large number of i/o psychologists work in business schools, and graduate training in organizational behaviour or human resource management often draws heavily on the field of i/o psychology. In canada slower to develop and has emerged since world war 2. Major developments occurred since the early 1900s. Major influences were economic, social, and psychological. Economically boom in industrial activity around 20th century, as. First two books: increasing human efficiency in business and a result greatest interest in the notion of efficiency. Societal growing acceptance of darwinian evolution, protestant.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers