MGMT 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Goal Setting, Decision-Making, Crisis Management

22 views7 pages

Document Summary

Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling aspects of a manager"s job are interrelated. There is a difference between management effectiveness and management efficiency: efficiency-achieving the greatest level of output with a given amount of input, effectiveness-achieving organizational goals that have been set, planning i. ii. Def. -the process of determining the firm"s goals and developing a strategy for achieving those goals. Def. -the portion of a manager"s job concerned with mobilizing the necessary resources to complete a particular task: leading (directing) i. Def. -the portion of a manager"s job concerned with guiding and motivating employees to meet the firm"s objectives: controlling i. Effective management is a blend of science and art i: many management problems can be approached in ways that are rational, logical, objective, and systematic. But managers can also make many decisions that are not routine, when doing so they rely on interpersonal skills and on abstract conceptual thinking: becoming a manager i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers