FRHD 2110 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Disability Rights Movement, Least Restrictive Environment, Individualized Education Program

35 views7 pages

Document Summary

It is recommended to place all students with exceptionalities in regular classes. Recommended for much greater interaction between students with and without exceptionalities. Use treatment approaches that are close as possible to the ones we use with the rest of the student population. Some groups of people with exceptionalities are leery about being too closely integrated into nondisabled society i. e. those who are deaf sometimes prefer being associated with those who are deaf. Some disability rights advocates suggest that the assessment of normalization is wrongheaded = people without disabilities should be seen as the norm to which those with exceptionalities are compared. =caused more children with disabilities to be raised by their families. More people with disabilities are now working. Person-centered planning: pla(cid:374)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g for a perso(cid:374)"s self-determination; planning activities and ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)es (cid:271)ased o(cid:374) a perso(cid:374)"s drea(cid:373)s, aspiratio(cid:374)s, i(cid:374)terests, prefere(cid:374)(cid:272)es, stre(cid:374)gths, a(cid:374)d (cid:272)apa(cid:272)ities: people with exceptionalities should exercise personal control of their lives.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers