FRHD 2100 Chapter ALL: FRHD 2100 Chapter : FRHD 2100 ALL-Unit-Notes ******

30 views174 pages

Document Summary

Using theory and research to understand human sexuality. Theoretical approaches: theory: set of ideas/concepts used to explain a set of observed facts, provides a framework for explaining/predicting sexual thoughts, attitudes, and behaviours. Cognitive theory: emphasizes importance of cognitive activity (i. e. problem solving, decision making, expectations, children acquire gender roles through reinforcement/observation of gender-appropriate behaviour. Social exchange theory (i. e. interpersonal exchange model of sexual satisfaction: social behaviour based on a series of exchanges, when we receive rewards, we feel obligated to reciprocate. Queer theory: challenges assumptions about gender and sexuality (1) that heterosexuality is superior to other sexual orientations; (2) a binary sexual orientation (i. e. gay/lesbian or heterosexual, states that concepts of heterosexuality and homosexuality are social constructs. A scientific approach: empirical approach: derived from/based on observation and experimentation, critical thinking: question prevailing assumptions. Quantitative methodology: the collection of numerical data (i. e. percentages) to produce statistics.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers