FRHD 1010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Broccoli, Family Therapy, Reinforcement

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Inner drives and motive that influence thinking and behaviour. Stage theory (think of stairs: universal - nothing else matters, everyone goes through these stages (could go faster or slower, hierarchical. Freud was a physician, treating those suffering from mental illness: see table 1/3, erikson-- a student of freud and extended theory to a lifespan approach, also emphasized the social aspects (family, peers, community, learning theory. Freud: all psyche- how to test: how to learn behaviours-- give rewards or punishments, behaviourism: watson-- give me 12 infants, classical (respondent) conditioning, pavlov"s dog, operant (instrumental) conditioning. Instrumental (useful: rewards can also be punishments i. e) if you keep gaming i will feed you broccoli i. e. (cid:895) (cid:374)o (cid:272)o(cid:373)puter ga(cid:373)es, does(cid:374)"t say you (cid:272)a(cid:374)t play (cid:449)ith so(cid:373)ethi(cid:374)g else, positive reinforcement: make the person repeat the behaviour. Social learning theory: extending to include that we are social beings: modeling, cognitive theory, cognitive= thinking, attitudes, beliefs, attitudes, piaget, children are like little scientists (always curious)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers