BUS 272 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Confirmation Bias, Contact Hypothesis, Fundamental Attribution Error

454 views7 pages

Document Summary

Camp ffit is part of the ottawa fire service"s campaign to recruit more female firefighters. Aligning their self-concept with this job and changing perceptions about women in the profession. Who am i? and how do i feel about myself? . Compare image of the job with our perceived and ideal selves. Model includes: three self-concept dimensions (3c"s, complexity. People have multiple identities that people perceive about themselves. Self-concept has low complexity when the individual"s most important identities are highly interconnected (all work-related: consistency. Similar personality and values across multiple selves. Low consistency: self-perceptions require personal characteristics that conflict with characteristics for other aspects of self: clarity. Clearly ad confidently described, internally consistent, and stable across time. Psychological well-being higher when people have: multiple selves (complexity, well established selves (clarity, selves similar to each other and compatible with personal traits (consistency, four selves processes. Promoting and protecting our positive self-view: competent, attractive, lucky, ethical, valued.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers