SSH 105 Chapter 5: Chapter 5

61 views1 pages

Document Summary

The purpose of argument analysis is understanding rather than refutation. Thus, the fundamental principle governing argument analysis is the principle of charity. The poi(cid:374)t of it is to (cid:271)e as fair as possi(cid:271)le (cid:449)he(cid:374) i(cid:374)terpreti(cid:374)g so(cid:373)e(cid:271)ody else(cid:859)s argument. I(cid:374) other (cid:449)ords, (cid:373)ake the argu(cid:373)e(cid:374)t as stro(cid:374)g as possi(cid:271)le. (cid:863) Rhetorical writing much like argumentative writing, since it does express a point of view about a topic. However, it differs from argumentative writing in that it contains nothing designed to show the truth of the point of view. Descriptive writing writing in which the author merely describes some event or situation. Argumentative writing the author makes an attempt to establish the truth of any particular claim. Conclusion indicators hence, therefore, thus, i conclude that, so. When conclusion comes before stating the premises: follows from the fact that, is established by, is implied by, because. Implicit conclusion when the writers fail to express their conclusion.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers