POL 507 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Optical Fiber, Ageplay, Cultural Capital

87 views5 pages

Document Summary

Understanding inequality is of great importance to researchers, policy makers, and politicians because technology provides educational, political, and economic advantages, creating power imbalances and conflict among social groups. Global digital divide describes the gap in access to and use of the internet that exists between developing and developed nations. China is a prime example of a newly industrializing nation that has struggled to join the information society in the process has developed an ambivalent relationship with the internet. The digital divide describes discrepancies between social groups in access to, use of, and empowerment by empowerment by networked computers and other digital tools. Issues of the digital divide have been phrased in terms of how the internet provides opportunities to overcome or exacerbate existing inequalities. Ke(cid:455) to e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g a(cid:272)(cid:272)ess has (cid:271)ee(cid:374) a(cid:374) assess(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of the i(cid:374)te(cid:396)(cid:374)et"s penetration rate in various social groups. One of the government led interventions in canada was the canadian advanced network and.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers