ECON1102 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Technological Change, Diminishing Returns, Human Capital

47 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Economic growth over time and around the world. Until around 1300 ad most people survived with barely enough food. Living standards began to rise significantly only after the industrial revolution began in britain in the 1700s, with the application of mechanical power to the production of goods. The (cid:271)est (cid:373)easure of a (cid:272)ou(cid:374)try"s sta(cid:374)dard of li(cid:448)i(cid:374)g is its le(cid:448)el of real gdp per (cid:272)apita. E(cid:272)o(cid:374)o(cid:373)i(cid:272) growth occurs when real gdp per capita increases, thereby i(cid:374)(cid:272)reasi(cid:374)g the (cid:272)ou(cid:374)try"s sta(cid:374)dard of living. An economic growth model explains changes in real gdp per capita in the long-run. Labor productivity is the quantity of goods and services that can be produced by one worker or by one hour of work. Economic growth depends on increases in labor productivity. Labor productivity will increase if there is an increase in the amount of capital available to each worker or if there is an improvement in technology.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers