GEN-3000 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Zygote, Mutual Exclusivity, Punnett Square

104 views3 pages
4 Sep 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Important terms an definitions for chapter 3: gene a genetic factor [region of dna] that helps determine a characteristic, allele one of two or more alternate forms of a gene b. i. Monohybrid cross parents differ in a single characteristic a. ii. Reveals how one trait is transmitted from generation to. Involved only one pair of contrasting traits generation a. v. Reciprocal cross crosses made in both ways. Patterns of inheritance similar regardless of which p1 plant served as the source of pollen (sperm) or ovum (egg). a. vii. Dihybrid cross crosses of organisms that differ in two characteristics a. viii. 9:3:3:1 ratio in the dihybrid cross a. xi: dominance b. i. Those traits that were observed in f1 = dominant b. iii. Those that disappeared in f1 = recessive b. iv. Trait expressed controlled by the dominant unit factor b. v. Trait not expressed controlled by the recessive unit factor: principle of segregation c. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers