NURS 472 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Septic Shock, Cardiogenic Shock, Hypovolemia

71 views2 pages

Document Summary

Not enough volume in the body considered cold shock. Mvo2 is decreased dehydration or hemorrhage decreases blood volume (cid:272)ate(cid:272)hola(cid:373)i(cid:374)e"s ki(cid:272)k i(cid:374) initial elevation in bp then a drop. Heart muscle cells die so stroke volume and co go down. Pericardial sack my fill with fluid or blood which reduces stroke volume obstructive shock. Skin gets cold and clammy so a cold shock. Leaky blood vessels vascular resistance goes done and so does bp. Epsis is o(cid:374) a (cid:272)o(cid:374)ti(cid:374)uu(cid:373) do(cid:374)"t wa(cid:374)t to go to septi(cid:272) sho(cid:272)k. You get sirs then sepsis then septic shock then mods. Inflammatory chemicals cause blood vessels to be leaky. Skin becomes warm and flushed (cid:862)war(cid:373) sho(cid:272)k(cid:863) two types of distributive shock. Neurogenic treatment of shock depends on cause want to stabilize blood pressure person might need oxygen or to be intubated shock is an issue with tissue perfusion!

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers