Political Science Pol Sci 3403 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Equal Protection Clause

7 views2 pages

Document Summary

Generally viewed as tiny money you aren"t being hurt the full million, only a small portion is actually your money the court really doesn"t like these types of suits a. i. 1. a. ii. Exceptions in religious establishment cases if congress decides it wants to buy textbooks for a private religious school, you could challenge that. Legislative suits legislators challenging laws they don"t like a. i. 1. b. i. 1. Does a member of congress who votes against a passed law have the right to sue based on constitutionality of the law? a. i. 1. b. i. 2. This case essentially shut down legislative suits a. i. 1. b. ii. Prop 8 violates the equal protection clause of the us constitution . The court of appeals says that if california allows it, individuals can bring the case to suit affirms the district court opinion as being invalid b. ii. He must process a direct stake in the outcome" of the case. : court is using standing to avoid the question of having to rule on the case c. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers