BIOL 205 Lecture Notes - Lecture 37: Glycogen, Atp Synthase, Light-Dependent Reactions

15 views3 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Photosystems ii and i: last quiz this week, monday 5pm= review session. Room: electron has to be energized, why do we have photosystem i? (why raise electron a second time?) Lost energy when goes down gradient in photosystem ii. To get electron back to high energy state to make nadph, must go up again with more photons. When does down gradient of photosystem ii makes atp. When goes down gradient of photosystem i makes nadh----nadph. Ii- pump proton i- convert nadh to nadph: atrazine inhibits reduction of q. Atp is synthesized: chloroplasts do not have a transport system for atp. The atp that is gerated through photophosphorylation is used soley for carbon fixation: to generate pools of atp, plants much metabolize sugars (or gluceraldehyde-3- phosphate) through glycolysis and the citric acid cycle, calvin cycle has three phases. Shows how energy depended calvin cycle is: rubisco generates first 3- carbon.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers