ARTH 271 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: The Economic History Review, Laboratory, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

26 views7 pages
27 Feb 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

The first and second industrial revolution changed the world forever. In a way they both can be recognized as a second renaissance in a sort. New technology was and discovered and so were means in which the technology could be processed. Growing up my grandfather used to tell my sister and i stories about the hardships and difficulties that my great-great grandfather had to endure while working in a factory in norfolk, virginia. Though my grandfather forgot the type of factory his father was working in, he always remembers how his father would tell him about the deplorable conditions he experienced in the factory. What haunted him was witness his fellow coworkers who were children like him, losing limbs while operating on machines. For the workers the only easy day was yesterday. This soon will become a common theme for both the first and second industrial revolutions, there always had to be something better created.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers