BCOR 012 Lecture 4: Chapter 13 - Meiosis and Sexual Life Cycles

14 views5 pages

Document Summary

The importance of sex is variation offspring resemble parents. Heredity : transmission of traits from one generation to the next. Asexual reproduction: offspring are clones of parent, all offspring genetically identical mitosis produces 2 genetically on mitosis mutation only in identical cells. Sister genetically so as chromatids separate low to r n" w identical interphase before. Mitosis stages prophase pro metaphase: metaphase anaphase telophase cytokinesis condense nuclear envelope , spindles attach line pull up on metaphase plate apart to poles. Reproduction: offspring are, offspring are highly variable a mixture of parents. Inheritance: genes : of genes units of heredity , segments of. "s locus : gene: karyotype : from mom. I from dad ) location on chromosome ordered display of the pairs of chromosomes. Homologous : same gene i order ( not identical ) sister same alleles identical. 46 haploid t haploid - ( n ) I meiosis mate femnale haploid for organisms cycle different species ( diploid.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers