SOC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Spurious Relationship, Strange Ways, Blind Experiment

42 views6 pages

Document Summary

Do biological or cultural factors determine human behavior? a. i. 1. People are born with no human characteristics and learn to be human as they develop in culture a. i. 1. a. Human beings when they are born are not human. Humans have no intrinsically born in humanity: on nature side of the debate b. i. Genetics and dna might not be everything what you are, but it is most of it b. ii. It is the natural and genetic code that makes you who you are b. iii. Down to tiniest details: why are people different? c. i. Others say that the socialization and environment is everything. If you are on side of genetics, you are on the nature side c. iii. If you on the nurture side, you think about socialization: bio-psycho-social model of human behavior: biological, psychological and social factors all influence human behavior d. i. More complex than simply nature and nurture d. ii. Research has enormous impact on public policy and the way society develops d. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers