HIST 111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Rock Springs Massacre, Thesis Statement, Topic Sentence

22 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

State clearly three (or two or four) key conceptual points that support the answer. Avoid all or nothing responses and allow room for opposing arguments/positions. Do not organize your paper as article 1 then article 2 then article 3. Organize the paper around a concept and use the article(s) to back up your point. Newspaper editors routinely depicted this event in ____ light. Avoid first person unless directed to do so sparingly- resist the urge to "i think . I feel i believe in my opinion personally" Make sure you choose one event, not some large topic that can"t be completely described in 5 pages. Newspapers depicted chinese miners in racist terms as subhuman . Violence as part and parcel of the west. Topic sentence- "newspapers presented violence as part and parcel of the. Evidence- quotes from papers- referring to other events as typical and violence as ordinary. Last sentence in paragraph wraps up the concept.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers