CLP 3144 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Diabetes Mellitus Type 2, Coronary Artery Disease, Behaviour Therapy

35 views4 pages

Document Summary

Most (cid:449)ho i(cid:374)itiall(cid:455) (cid:373)eet the (cid:272)riteria for o(cid:374)e of these disorders (cid:862)(cid:373)igrate(cid:863) (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) the(cid:373), meeting the criteria for two/more of the disorders at different times. Many show behaviors and concerns characteristic of one/more of the eating disorders without meeting the full criteria for diagnosis. Diagnosed in people who starve themselves for long periods of time and remain convinced that they need to lose more weight. Dangers: cardiovascular problems, stomach rupture, osteoporosis, kidney damage, impaired immune system, suicide. Bingeing followed by behaviors designed to prevent weight gain form the binges: bingeing: uncontrolled eating. Behaviors to prevent weight gain: self-induced vomiting, fasting, excessive exercise, abuse of laxatives, diuretics, or other purging medications. Whe(cid:374) thi(cid:374), feel like a (cid:862)good perso(cid:374)(cid:863) U(cid:374)like people (cid:449)ith a(cid:374)ore(cid:454)ia, the(cid:455) do(cid:374)"t te(cid:374)d to sho(cid:449) gross distortio(cid:374)s i(cid:374) (cid:271)od(cid:455) i(cid:373)ages: still constantly dissatisfied with shape and weight and concerned about losing weight. Dangers: tooth decay, inflammation/dysregulation of digestive system, electrolyte imbalance leading to heart failure, suicide.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers