PHIL 10 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Inductive Reasoning, Deductive Reasoning, The The

83 views21 pages
8 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The conclusion can be false, but only if one or more of the premises is also false. Inductive- arguments where the premises establish a probable conclusion. Inferential relationship- inference means the premises are supposed to allow you to infer the conclusion. I: southpark has always been on at wednesday at 10 pm, it is now wednesday at 10 pm, south park is [probably] on right now, ex. Ii (not as likely: the last time i watched southpark, the first commercial was for old navy, the first (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)er(cid:272)ial o(cid:374) to(cid:374)ight(cid:859)s episode of. Southpark will [probably] be for old navy: the difference between deductive and inductive arguments is not a matter of how good the arguments are. If these premises were/are true, then the conclusion would have to be true. If the conclusion is/were false, then at least one of the premises would have to be false. There could be a lein on (cid:373)(cid:455) i(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e so i (cid:449)ould(cid:374)(cid:859)t get a return.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers