SLHS 1150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Phonation, Spinal Cord, Vocal Folds

17 views4 pages

Document Summary

What are the purpose of i(cid:374) the speech s(cid:455)ste(cid:373): the nervous system, the respiratory system, the phonatory system, the resonatory system, the articulatory system. The purpose of the nervous system: coordinate the other four systems, formulation of message begins in the nervous system: cns: Controls and regulated almost all motor, sensory and cognitive processes (everything you do, feel, think) Carries messages to and from the cns. Making noises: the english language has 40 phonemes, each phoneme in the speech system consists of specific. We are all saxophones: closed tube resonator. Upper respiratory system trachea, larynx, oral and nasal cavities lower respiratory system liver, bronchi, alveoli: the purpose of the respiratory system. Provide respiration (air to breathe and speak) Respiration: the process of taking in oxygen and exchanging it with carbon dioxide. Relaxation of muscles: speech breathing and passive breathing. I(cid:374)halatio(cid:374)/e(cid:454)halatio(cid:374) air volu(cid:373)e is : reflexive (involuntary) control. I(cid:374)halatio(cid:374)/e(cid:454)halatio(cid:374) air volu(cid:373)e is : more voluntary control.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers