PUB HLT 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Iodised Salt, Influenza Vaccine, Seat Belt

58 views4 pages
31 Dec 2017
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Ph must base messages on theories and principles of health edu, communication, literacy of intended audience. Combo of learning experiences that help indivs/communities improve health by increasing knowledge and influencing attitudes. Positives: occurs in school, work, clinics, communities, covers eating, physical activity, tobacco use prevention, mental health, std prevention/safety. Cons/challenges: limited info material to raise public awareness, division of labor between work, health education, limited specialized training, limited access to tools, confusion between health education and promotion. Goal: improve well being, self sufficiency for indiv, fam, orgs, communities: requires behavior change at every level -> programs/interventions. Encompassed in health promotion and is an outcome of health literacy. Biomedical interventions i. e. surgery, medical procedures, medicine, flu shot/vaccines. Biomedical interventions i. e. surgery, medical procedures, medicine, flu shot/vaccines i. e. medical devices to prevent/treat disease: biomedical interventions require behavior changes. Behavioral interventions i. e. addiction rehab i. e. programs that help change behaviors to prevent/manage disease: adoption and utilization of tools/services, adherence to treatment/lifestyle recs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers