EDUC 40 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Independent Community And Health Concern, Traumatic Brain Injury, Hearing Loss

32 views9 pages
20 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Lecture 8: individual differences and special education needs. Is adaptive: able to see challenges in their environment and adapt, or change their environment in ways that allow them to advance. Is related to learning ability: able to learn from what they see, what they hear, what they do, the mistakes that they make. I(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)es the k(cid:374)o(cid:449)ledge that"s sto(cid:396)ed i(cid:374) ou(cid:396) (cid:271)(cid:396)ai(cid:374)s. Involves many different mental processes: has to do with how we manage and process the information in our brain as well as incoming information. Is culture specific: what"s (cid:272)o(cid:374)side(cid:396)ed i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)t i(cid:374) o(cid:374)e (cid:272)ultu(cid:396)e (cid:373)a(cid:455) (cid:374)ot (cid:271)e (cid:272)o(cid:374)side(cid:396)ed intelligent in another culture, and that becomes important in things like. Individual differences: variability in abilities and characteristics among individuals. Intelligence, temperament: what they like, what they dislike, what makes us unique, students with special needs, different enough from peers to require specially adapted materials & practice, special assistance in order to achieve in the typical classroom.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers