CMN 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Conflict Management, Emotional Expression

54 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

General focus: predict and explain cultural differences in responses to conflict measure peoples self control and predict people will use different styles to manage conflict: some specific components. Individualism-collectivism: the degree to which members of a culture are integrated into groups. Individualistic culture: ties between individuals are loose. Collectivistic culture: people are integrated into strong, cohesive in groups, group goals prevail over individual goals. Self-construal: varied self-images within a culture: self construal- the degree to which people conceive of themselves as relatively autonomous from, or connected to others. Assessment of self-construal: example survey questions to measure self-construal (1- strongly disagree; 7- strongly agree, my personal identity, independent of others is important to me. I act as a unique person, separate from others. I am careful to maintain harmony in my group. I would sacrifice my self-interests for the benefit of my group.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers