PSY 289 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Institute For Juvenile Research, American Association Of Colleges Of Pharmacy, American Psychological Association

23 views3 pages

Document Summary

A science and a knowledge base (i. e. , a set of facts) A specialized discipline within psychology (i. e a subdiscipline), but also. A profession--and, in some cases, even a technology i. e. a set of specific teachable skills (as in the case of behavior therapy) Applied psych approaches grew quickly once these began: In fact, clinical"s emergence as a subdiscipline quite amazing in terms of how quickly it occurred; it is a subdiscipline that almost did not exist prior to wwii. Other subdisciplines that developed in 20th century: developmental, social --- none as rapidly as clinical. At one time, all psychology was exclusively experimental psychology . Psychology arose as a science that attempted to obtain its findings scientifically, beginning with wilhelm wundt"s laboratory - leipzig, germany, 1879. From then on, psychologists" main endeavors were to conduct experimental research, to try to verify hypotheses or disprove them, based on data.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers