JOUR 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Hypertext Transfer Protocol, Darpa, Vint Cerf

28 views9 pages

Document Summary

Online media allows face to face communication globally. Search tools and social media help us answer different questions. Automated tools and interpersonal tools help us meet our informational needs regardless of where we are. Fro(cid:373) the (cid:271)ook (cid:862)a di(cid:448)erse set of i(cid:374)depe(cid:374)de(cid:374)t (cid:374)et(cid:449)orks, i(cid:374)terli(cid:374)ked to pro(cid:448)ide its users (cid:449)ith the appeara(cid:374)(cid:272)e of a si(cid:374)gle, u(cid:374)ifor(cid:373) (cid:374)et(cid:449)ork. (cid:863) A mass medium incorporating elements of interpersonal, group and mass communications. Example- facebook- messaging a friend, posting a comment and maybe even mass communication if something i post goes viral. In 1964: paul baran develops idea for decentralized computer network for the air force (he was concerned what we would do in case of a nuclear attack) Went online in 1969, same year as moon landing. Bob kahn and vint cerf created rules for networks to communicate with each other. How data are transmitted and how computers can locate each other. Enquire within upon everything- book in his home that inspired his idea.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers