HY 357 Lecture Notes - Lecture 29: Erich Ludendorff, Operation Michael, Infiltration Tactics

39 views2 pages

Document Summary

To the armistice: ludendorff rolls the iron dice one last time. Way to win the war (according to ludendorff) is new infiltration tactics. Technology is not the answer because people adapt too quickly. Germans alone outnumber the allies 68 divisions to 63 (this window closes as the americans begin to show up) Lude(cid:374)dorff falls i(cid:374)to the trap tryi(cid:374)g to (cid:862)roll the iro(cid:374) di(cid:272)e(cid:863) March 21st, 1918 german army ticked over to the offensive. Ludendorff neglects technology: you cannot depend on technology, but you must integrate it, he thinks technology will take away from the fighting spirit of the. Michael offensive: germans break through, michael = patron saint of germany, does the opposite of what ludendorff hopes for, allies support a supreme commander ferdinand foch. Because the french army was supporting the war the most: foch and an offensive that works. If you"re atta(cid:272)ki(cid:374)g you"re (cid:449)i(cid:374)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g if you"re defe(cid:374)di(cid:374)g you"re losi(cid:374)g ki(cid:374)da guy.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers