MGMT 209 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Reverse Discrimination, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Caudron G.4

37 views3 pages
4 Sep 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mgmt 209 ch 22 notes: title vii of the civil rights act of 1964. No discriminating against employees, applicants, and union members by: From hiring process, to discipline, to discharge, to promotion & benefits, no discrimination. Applies to employers with 15+ employees: the equal employment opportunity commission. Monitors compliance with title vii (you file lawsuit against your employer through eeoc: limitations on class actions. You cannot sue on behalf of another group ( i"m suing on behalf of all women ) In order to show intentional disparate treatment, the plaintiff must prove: They applied and were qualified for the job in question. Employer continued to seek applicants who weren"t in their protected class (so if i"m a guy and i get rejected and every single guy keeps getting rejected from this job) If you meet these requirements, you have a prima facie case of illegal discrimination. Meaning she will win the case unless the defendant has a legitimate defense.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers