ANTH 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Soil Resistivity, Chaco Culture National Historical Park, Mesh

55 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture #5, 09/16/14: finding and surveying archaeological sites, part b: From below and above ground (i. e. , beyond boots-on-the-ground ) Archaeological sites are not distributed randomly across the landscape. In most situations they are located in places that provide ready access to key resources for sustaining established lifeways. Places have different potentials depending in part on preservation conditions: e. g. , degree of landscape degradation and sediment-deposition conditions. Research design is needed for each project (i. e. , a plan-of-action for the work at hand), documentation of methods and results, usually within a scientific context. Clearly stated research problems objective for the study and hypotheses to be examined/ assessed. Finding/recording the sites and cultural materials therein (i. e. , field survey) Generating data from observations (i. e. , processing and analysis) To find one(s) that merit excavation to address a specific research topic. To observe and describe what"s beneath the surface, as part of pattern recognition.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers