PSY 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Santa Barbara City College, Psych, Agreeableness

8 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Advantages: focuses attention on value of identifying and measuring personality dispositions. Disadvantages: describes structure of personality and individual differences but cannot explain underlying psychological mechanisms that produces traits. Uses questions or statements that individuals respond to in particular format (close-ended) Very much like me (1) 2 3 4 (5) not at all like me. Like the mini-test of big five factors. A score or set of scores is reported in conjunction with norms. Find items that differentiate groups of people. Depression vs. no depression (e. g. , i am easily awakened by noise. Items may or may not make sense". Not selected on a theoretical basis (e. g. , i have been feeling depressed. ) Development using an empirical strategy interests me except the comics. Hundreds of true/false/cannot say items (e. g. , nothing in the newspaper. Faking good or bad (e. g. , i sometimes get angry. )

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers