TFM 160 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline, Motion Blur, John Lasseter

152 views12 pages

Document Summary

Sound: historical background, the talkie revolution of 1920s i) Film was soundless because technology was limited: temporary setbacks & limitations i) Camera was restricted to a single location (1) because the microphone was so big and they couldnt always move the microphone. Editing was restricted to minimum ii) iii: synchronized vs non synchronized sound recording i) ii) iii) Control audio levels and how those travel from channel to channel: diagetic and non diagetic sounds. Diagetic - audience can hear and actor in film can hear i: we can hear the tune but the tune doesnt exist; like the sound is not really there; actors cant hear it, symbolic i) ii) High - powerful low sounds - sad and melancholic: sound expands the picture itself. 7. 1 channel dolby digital i) ii: music, meaning in music i) highly abstract medium; not processed logically by us, processed emotionally you cant explain music, 7 notes timed in a certain way.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers