01:830:321 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: The Territorial Imperative, Aggression, Relational Aggression

72 views12 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 12: aggression: why we hurt other people. Aggression an aggressive action is an intentional behavior aimed at causing either physical or psychological harm in a conspecific: hostile aggression is an act of aggression stemming from feelings of anger and aimed only at inflicting pain. Ie: acts of revenge: instrumental aggression is aggression that serves as a means to some goal just than causing pain. --> ie: hitman (he kills someone in order to get paid) A convicted murderer is executed under capital punishment law in order to deter other potential murderers. In a fit of anger, a father spanks his disobedient 6-yr-old hostile. A woman shoots mace at her attacker to avoid being raped instrumental. Another driver cuts in front of me at a toll booth, so i give him the finger when i later pass him hostile. A professor lowers a student"s grade on a late paper in keeping with the policy stated on her syllabus instrumental.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers