01:355:100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Los Angeles Express (Usfl), Interpersonal Relationship, Media Play

145 views3 pages

Document Summary

Both gladwell and turkle write about the role of technology in their essays. What are the implications of these effects. Have the company of people and living things. Allow for a large group of people to come. Allows people to enjoy life without responsibility together for a common cause. Allow to share personal ideas and pictures over. Social media interferes with the important aspects a large audience of life. A thirty old man remarks, i"d rather talk to a robot. The robot will always be there for me. And whenever i"m done, i can walk away. People seek intimacy with machines (robots) that can not and do not have reciprocating feelings. People will not have social interactions with other. Weak ties allow people who don"t know each other, to come together. Social media allows for groups of loosely tied people, but instead will communicate with other people to band together which in most cases is robots/machines.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers