COM 11400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: California Roll, Blue Cheese, Japanese Cuisine

100 views5 pages

Document Summary

Something fishy: an informative speech on the history of sushi. Specific purpose: the purpose of this informative speech is to tell the story of how sushi has evolved since it"s origins and how it has been impacted by globalization more specifically westernization. Thesis: sushi was originated as a practical for our asian ancestors to preserve fish, although it has evolved through many generations of historical events before becoming the trendy rolls we enjoy today. Attention getter: in japanese the word sushi is written using two chinese characters: shu and shi. Shi means to preside, direct, or administer. (this doesn"t really make sense considering raw fish. ) Credibility statement: i remember the first time i tried sushi. My older brother convinced me it would taste like chicken it did not. Since then, five dollar sushi day at jewel or going sushi bars for special occasions, it is something we bond over.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers