BIOSC 0160 Lecture Notes - Sister Chromatids, Spindle Apparatus, Nuclear Membrane

42 views5 pages
School
Professor

Document Summary

Life cycle: sequence of stages and events in the reproductive history of an organism, from fertilization to reproduction, chromosomes, homologous basic chromosomes. Same length, centromere position, and gene order. Not sister chromatids; homologs are not identical: karyotypes: complete set of chromosomes in an organism or cell or a photograph, autosomes: non-sex chromosomes. 1/14: sex chromosomes: sex determination, non-homologous: x and y, homologous: x and x. Ploidy: ploidy: number of each basic chromosome in an organism"s cells, haploid: n, possession of only one of each basic chromosome, diploid: 2n, possession of two of each basic chromosome. Meiosis: specialized form of cell division, associated with sexual reproduction/gamete formation, reduction from diploid to haploid, haploid gametes join at fertilization and reconstitute the diploid condition. Homologs synapse: creates tetrad of four chromatids. One kinetochore mictrotubule attaches per centromere: anaphase i. Polar microtubules elongate cell in preparation for cytokinesis i: meiosis i cont, telophase i/cytokinesis i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers