ANATOMY 2300.03 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Perimysium, Endomysium, Myology

68 views2 pages

Document Summary

Stimulation to do so can come from nerves, intrinsic system regulation,hormones, etc. Contain myofilaments (i. e. actin and myosin) which interact to produce tension. Helpful hint #1: prefixes myo or mys or sarco. Helpful hint #3: muscle cell = muscle fiber. Three types of muscle tissue: skeletal (voluntary, striated, cardiac (involuntary, striated, smooth (involuntary, nonstriated) Functions of muscle tissue: producing body movement including moving substances within the body (e. g. peristalsis); changing the size of certain structures (e. g. pupil of eye, maintaining posture, stabilizing joints, generating heat (thermogenesis) A skeletal muscle (i. e. the organ) contains: skeletal muscle fibers, blood vessels (artery, capillaries, and veins, nerve fibers, connective tissue. Connective tissue sheaths associated with a skeletal muscle (i. e. the organ): endomysium, perimysium, epimysium. Most skeletal muscles cross at least one joint and are usually attached to the articulating bones that form the joint.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers