MUSC 1101 Lecture 24: This musical creation was made from sounds recorded from my environment

44 views2 pages
11 May 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This musical creation was made from sounds recorded from my environment. The something that i was trying to communicate about my life were my transitions from place to place. In this piece i go from class to class, to dinner, to my dorm, through ruggles, and even includes as i go on the highway home back to new york and then sounds in new york. There was a good contrast between my suburban home and my city dorm, and this piece illustrates that. My musical perception of the world has also changed in that i now notice sounds that have musical undertones as i walk my once monotonous walks. These musical sounds, when combined, give a sense of what it"s like to walk through boston, or northeastern university for that matter. This musical creation most likely resembles the soundscape approach. I have gathered 24 clips of sound from my environment and combined and edited them to form one big masterpiece.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers