ISS 310 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Fruit Preserves, Muhammad Yunus, Green Belt Movement

14 views2 pages

Document Summary

There is something unbelievable about the world spending hundreds of billions of dollars annually to subsidize its own destruction : what is an environmentally sustainable society? a. Use mass transit, carpool, walk, bike: home b. i. Use energy efficient heating and cooling, appliances b. iii. Insulate your house, plug leaks: food/lifestyle c. i. Individuals can make a huge difference: many from ngos (non-government organizations) with a particular mission (goal, grameen bank, bangladesh b. i. 2006 nobel laureate muhammad yunus: microloans (=microcredit = microfinancing) available for the poor c. i. >2 million women have risen above poverty level c. iii. We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, kiva lets individuals lend as little as to help create opportunity around the world. : wangari maathai e. i. Founder of the green belt movement and the 2004 nobel e. ii. Planted more than 30 million trees e. iii. 2. a. e. iii. 2. b.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers