COMM 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 31: Expectancy Violations Theory, Likert Scale, Yelp

15 views2 pages

Document Summary

Ex) gym membership hard to sign up. Ppl could hae favorable attitudes toward physical fitness (ex) workout clotehs. But we need more information to predict if they would get a gym membership. Theory wants to be so braod wehther you wear a bike helmet, you buy a gym membership, First i need to know attitudes toward specific act. Second, i need to consider the power of social norms. Power of norms (strongly when it comes to persuasion) Political campaign make people like you to vote for the candidate. People have identifiable reasons for acting on their rintentions. Ex) yelp: others values (attitude toward behavior) Predicting whether people will join a gym. Operationalization = fancy way to say measure. Likert scale (strongly agree strongly disagree) Or semantic differential scale (positive negative) To what degree is going to the gym good, bad, cool, exciting waste of time etc. I look up to ppl who are fit .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers