COMM 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Femininity, Testability, Operant Conditioning

6 views3 pages

Document Summary

Symbolic interactionism condition one to perform for i became irrelevant. Photo taken 04/04 2013 (human contact last 1986) Steal everything from cabins in the woods. But you must have thought about things about your life, about the human. I did examine myself, solitude did increase my perception. With no audience, no one to perform for, i was just there. Social symbols do not have inherent meaning (ex. In different country, it"s a piece of paper. We are not on a gold standard anymore. Derived from persian horse riding shoe (17th c) social product of heels = masculinity. What makes humans unique is our use of symbols (interpret like language) When we interact, it"s based on our interpretations of symbols. The development of the self is based on how we perform roles . We"re the stars of our own movie. We fundamentally are performing whether we know it or not. Without performing a role, we won"t have any identity .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers