COMM 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Critical Theory, Testability, Information Processing

6 views2 pages

Document Summary

Critical notes, let me build the theory. ) Ontology limited choice; laws in place. Epistomoogy theory first controlled research i. e. x start from scratch. Epistemology research first, theory second (want to ask broadly, have pages of. Axiology acknowledges values (axiological bent;inductive ) Epistemology critique power systems and seek changes. Wheel of science: [(deduction): theories hypotheses observations(results) ] . [empirical generalzations (what you think is going on. This is what i think is happening at least for these people) theories :(induction)] An abstract of concepts with indications of relationships among the concepts that help us understand a phenomenon. Part of this has to do with its history. Many different disciplines came together over time. Interpersonal face to face mediated comm. small group. Theorized as: practical art of discourse. you are looking at how people create persuasive speeches. Meaning of signs (if you get j"s everytime) why do ppl pay. Iphone you knew how to use it with no problem.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers