ENGL 2000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Sharecropping, Music Of Africa, Institutional Racism

16 views2 pages

Document Summary

How all of us at the college hated the black-belt people, the peasants" during those days. We were trying to lift them up and they, like trueblood, did everything it seemed to pull us down . Racism/elitism amongst the blacks college students viewed the black-belt people as supporting stereotypes. Upward mobility rewards of social advancement offered by the college causes the black students to shun sharecroppers. Trueblood represents the oppression of the black community by the white community through enforcement of black stereotypes and the white community rewarding him monetarily for committing incest even though the black community ostracizes him. I went to see the white folks then and they gave me help. Except that my wife an" daughter won"t speak to me, i"m better off than i ever been before. Pity money or guilt money for past treatment of the black community. Give money to make trueblood go away/help him in the most impersonal way possible.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers